St. Paul's Episcopal Church Petersburg, Va

Offering New Life in Olde Towne

History - St. Paul's Episcopal Church in Historic Downtown Petersburg, Va.

St. Paul's is the historic Episcopal Church in Old Towne Petersburg. Though much has changed in Petersburg since our founding in 1643, the congregation of St. Paul's is still worshipping on the hilltop overlooking Petersburg.

We are a small, family-oriented congregation blessed with a fine music program in the Anglican choral tradition.

The Saint Paul's Church also known as Saint Paul's Protestant Episcopal Church, is a historic Episcopal church located at Petersburg, Virginia. It was designed by Niernsee & Neilson and built between 1855 and 1857, in the Gothic Revival style. The church is constructed of brick and features a three-story entrance tower. Also on the property are a contributing rectory (c. 1860) and parish house (1922). The church was attended by Robert E. Lee during the Siege of Petersburg in 1864-65. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1986. It is located in the Petersburg Courthouse Historic District.

Welcome Military Families: Many of our families came to the area through serving in the military and have remained at St. Paul's after leaving the service. Some of our best parish leaders in recent years have been current or former military members. So we are very supportive of the military, offering prayers and outreach whenever
we can.

Come join us for Evensong on a Sunday afternoon or attend one of our Concerts by Candlelight held on the second Friday of the month.


 

   

110 North Union Street
Petersburg, Virginia 23803
804-733-3415

St Paul’s Mailing Address:
Post Office Box 564
Petersburg, VA 23804-0564

Office Hours:

By appointment only.

 

Rector: the.revrick@verizon.net

Office: stpaulspetersburg@verizon.net


 

    © 2015 Copyrighted Images and Content - St. Paul's Episcopal Church Petersburg, Va
Site Created by J-TEC and Hosted by Sitevision